Are you a business major looking for a cool internship? Are you interested in future retail management, merchandising, or owning your own small business? Do you want to volunteer at the MSPCA and help generate much-needed revenue for our many adoption programs?
The Shelter Operations Coordinator at the MSPCA at Nevins Farm in Methuen, MA is seeking 1-2 individuals to assist in maintaining and developing our retail department. Hours total 15-20 each week, and must be fulfilled during weekdays. Interns are expected to enjoy and be good at organizing and tracking orders. And because they will be working alongside the MSPCA staff and directly with the public, interns should also have strong interpersonal and communication skills. The MSPCA at Nevins Farm builds an annual revenue of nearly $250,000, which supports our many programs. If you want to join the team that helps bring in this important income for the animals in our care, please email Francesca Gilkey at email@example.com.
• Count and categorize inventory of over 500 retail items
• Stock and organize retail displays/space for maximum selling potential
• Research and compare competitor activities to maintain competitive pricing
• Maintain/increase storage and retail space
• Create rapport with staff members and communicate with staff to complete special orders for the public
• Respond to public requests/special orders
• Inventory retail stock and update in Chameleon Software System
• Aid in producing inventory and sales reports using Crystal Reporting Software
• Assist in putting together mobile retail opportunities for off-site events
• Strong computer skills a must- (MS Office Suite, especially Excel)
• Ability to multitask
• Must be able to work independently on short and long-term projects
• Have strong attention to detail
• Knowledge or experience with database and/or reporting software preferred, but not required
Semester and full academic year positions are available, both credit and non-credit. This is a volunteer, unpaid position.