Neurology Specialty service at Angell-Boston is uniquely qualified to offer diagnostic evaluation and treatment in the specialty of small animal neurology. Two neurologists provide optimal care in the diagnosis and treatment of small animal neurological diseases, both medical and surgical, with state-of-the-art equipment and facilities. Our services include diagnosis and treatment of seizure disorders, disc disease, GME (Granulomatous meningoencephalomyelitis), infectious diseases of the nervous system, brain tumors, vertebral malformations/instability (Wobblers Syndrome), and numerous types of central and peripheral nervous system diseases.
- Staff neurologist is available for regularly scheduled appointments as well as consultations for patients who are admitted to the hospital as emergencies Monday through Saturday
- Diagnostic equipment includes radiography, ultrasonography, CSF analysis, electrodiagnosticcapabilities, fluoroscopy, myelography, MRI unit and CT all available Monday through Saturday
- In-house MRI unit has a V-shaped trough and is specifically designed for veterinary patients, enabling it to fit animals that other MRI units cannot. The MRI unit is available Monday through Saturday
- Neurosurgical procedures include laminectomies, craniotomies and cervical vertebral stabilization with methylmethacrylate and locking plate implants
- Facility includes veterinarians board certified in emergency and critical care, diagnostic imaging, cardiology, oncology, ophthalmology, internal medicine and surgery for readily-available consultation dictated by the case
- Angell’s Pain Medicine service led by Lisa Moses, VMD, DACVIM, CVMA offers treatment for companion animals with discomfort that negatively affects their quality of life, regardless of their primary diagnosis. Dr. Moses is trained to work with patients with complex medical issues that complicate treatment for pain. She tailors individual pain treatment plans using novel drug therapy and non-drug modalities of treatment, including acupuncture and mobility
- Laboratory and pathologic analyses of body fluids and tissues. Angell offers an advanced, full-service, on-site laboratory with Clinical Pathology and Histopathology services. The Pathology department is led by one double board-certified clinical and anatomic pathologist and a board-certified anatomic pathologist
- 24-hour Critical Care Unit which includes a dedicated and experienced team of specialty technicians, as well as regular ward care
Click here for detailed information about: Treatment of Autoimmune Diseases of the Central Nervous System of Dogs (such as Granulomatous Meningoencephalomyelitis (GME); Necrotizing Encephalitis; Corticosteroid-Responsive or Neutrophilic Meningitis; Eosinophilic Meningoencephalomyelitis; Idiopathic Tremor Syndrome or Cerebellitis).