For over a decade, Angell has provided consultative imaging services to our referring community. These services have been expanded to include online consultations for our referring veterinary hospitals. In this digital age of imaging, obtaining the opinion of a radiologist via internet transmission enables faster diagnostic evaluations. Our experienced radiologists are partnering with fellow board certified radiologists to provide timely interpretation of your digital images. As an additional benefit, if you choose to refer a case to Angell, our specialists will be able to easily access your patient’s radiographs.
Click here to download the Online Imaging Consultation Referral Form
Contact our Diagnostic Imaging service at 617-541-5139 or via email@example.com to get started or for more information. We will arrange for DVMinsight support staff (866-669-8090) to contact you to set up the system over the phone. Angell will pay the full set up expense.
- DVMinsight support staff will guide you through the installation of the necessary software on your practice computer and assist you with procedures for transmission of images.
- Angell will bill you monthly.
- No required contract to sign.
Average response time for cases submitted between 8am and 4pm Monday through Saturday is 2-4 hours.
- Guaranteed 24 hour turnaround on cases submitted Monday through Friday (some Saturdays, all Sundays and holidays excluded). Angell radiologists are available Monday through Friday 9am-5pm, some Saturdays 9am-4pm.
- DVMIstat service (formerly “Night Owl” service) is available after hours: Cases submitted “after hours” (between 5pm and 9am Monday through Friday, and between 5pm Friday and 9am Monday) may be read by a DVMinsight-affiliated radiologist (not an Angell staff member) if you select the DVMIstat drop down option.
- STAT service available – receive results within 2 hours for an additional fee. If you are submitting a STAT case during our off hours (see above) it will automatically be submitted to the DVMIstat service and read by a DVMinsight-affiliated radiologist (not an Angell staff member)
- Phone follow-up discussion is readily available for cases read by on-sight radiologist only.
- To contact DVMinsight for support help please call 866-669-8090 or submit a support request at www.dvminsight.net/csupport4/.
- Radiograph interpretation fee $58.00
- Special studies (UGI, IVP, etc) $75.00
- CT $125.00
- MRI $125
- STAT fee: $41 additional
Frequently asked Questions
How do I sign up?
Simply call at 617-541-5139 and we will arrange to have DVMinsight support staff contact you.
Does it cost me anything?
No. Angell will pay the costs associated with software installation on your clinic computer.
Am I required to sign a contract with Angell?
No. No contract is required. Just as with our mail-in service, we let you know the fees for service and bill you directly on a monthly basis.
What type of images can I submit?
We are only able to accept images in DICOM file format. DVMinsight support staff can help you assess your system to ensure that you are able to transmit in this format.
Will you still accept my hard copy radiographs?
Yes. This is an expansion of our services, and we will continue to accept hard copy radiographs and images submitted on disk for consultation.
Do I need an internet connection to submit?
Yes. Our procedure requires that your images be sent to a secure server at DVMinsight. Our team of radiologists downloads your images from that site. Your images are saved there and can be accessed by any of the doctors at Angell should you decide to refer the patient here.
Will my client receive a bill from Angell?
No. We will bill your practice, not your client.
Do I need an email address?
Yes. This email address will serve as your user ID. We will also use this email address to send you password information.
Can you provide remote back up of all my practices images?
Yes. DVMinsight provides back up of all of your practice’s images, but we will only interpret those you select for consultation.
How can I send imaging to share, not for consultation?
You can share imaging with our doctors for referral cases. Refer to the video link for instructions. www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUu8gnMtC2Y or access the support site for instructions. www.dvminsight.net/csupport4/
Return to main Diagnostic Imaging Page