Various shift options available
This is a great opportunity for people who want to help share their knowledge of animals and/or mentor the next generation of animal welfare! Volunteers help out at all kids’ programs, and also have the opportunity to run some events.
- Teaching children humane education lessons both at the MSPCA, and at offsite locations (schools, MSPCA events)
- Running programs such as birthday parties, story hours or other special events
- Handling animals during programs (training will be provided)
- Supervising children and adult guests during programs to ensure safety
- Modeling and supervising a variety of animal care and adoption center chores (training will be provided)
- Leading tours of the MSPCA
- Leading or assisting the Humane Education Coordinator in running on site programs for children such as Family Service Day, Rescue Readers, School Break Program, Little Bookworms, Caring Kids Club or Junior Volunteer
- An interest in working with children and animals
- Good communication skills with children and parents
- Reliability and a commitment to being punctual
- Good leadership skills
- An upbeat, fun personality.
- Applicants must be 16 or older
- All humane education volunteers must agree to a CORI/SORI check
- A background in education or working with children is a plus!
- Experience working with or handling animals is also a plus!
- Varies by program.
- Most programs are 2-3 hours in length, weekend and weekday hours are available