March School Vacation Dates are now open Tuesday and Thursday mornings 3/7-3/23!
Our traditional volunteer program requires that helpers be at least 16 years old to work with animals, but many young teens want to experience what it’s like to roll up their sleeves and get a little dirty cleaning cages, too! This program will offer just that opportunity, by providing experienced volunteers and staff to coach and supervise participants, ensuring a fun and safe volunteer session.
Activities will include a combination of animal care chores and support chores. Depending on the session, these may include cleaning cages, sorting donations, washing dishes, folding laundry, giving veggies to our small animals, washing floors – whatever is most needed!
This program will take place select Tuesdays/Thursdays from 3:30-5p; select Saturdays/Sundays from 7:45-9:15am and 3-4:30p; and select weekdays from 7:45-9:15am and 9:30-11am during school break weeks, school holidays and summer. Participants must register for each session individually, but may sign up for as many as they like.
- This program is for kids who are 11-15 years of age.
- All registered participants will be contacted via email at 1 week prior to the session, with additional program details and safety tips.
- The program fee is $15 per session, which helps support our many animal care and adoption programs!
- This fee is due at the time of registration and is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Any participant demonstrating signs of illness will not be allowed to participate. If a participant tests positive for COVID-19 within 5 days of participation, the MSPCA must be notified of this positive test.
- Dates are posted one month at a time. If you are trying to register for a date and it does not display as an option to choose, that means the date has either sold out, or is not yet available for purchase.
- Although this is a staff supervised program, we are more than happy to sign off on volunteer hours, or provide a reference letter for participants.