Come join us the evening of Friday, 12/1 for a special Rescue Reader Howl-iday event! These hour long sessions will include half an hour of reading to an animal and an animal meet and greet, followed by half on hour of winter holiday themed snacks and crafts! Hour long sessions are available at a cost of $35 and will take place from 5-6p, 5:30-6:30p, 6-7p and 6:30-7:30p. Festive attire (or pj’s) encouraged!! Please click the link below to register!
Looking for an activity that will boost your 6-10 year old’s reading confidence and help animals at the same time? Register for the Rescue Readers Program! Accompanied by a parent or guardian, children will read out loud to an adoring feline, rabbit or even avian audience in this fun family event. While your child practices reading, you’ll also be providing valuable social time to our adoptable animals. Each session is 25 minutes in length.
- This program is for 6-10 year olds.
- This program will run select weekend mornings.
- The program fee is $10 per session, which helps support our many animal care and adoption programs.
- Advance registration is required.
- The program fee is due at the time of registration and is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Each spot is for one participant and a parent/guardian; due to space constraints, we can not allow for any unregistered guests.