<- Simpli.fi global tag ->
- Officer Chelsea Weiand applied for a show cause hearing against a Wellesley man for beating his aunt’s Chihuahua while staying at her home in Fall River. The magistrate’s hearing is scheduled for 12/15.
- Officer Martha Parkhurst filed charges against Weiran Zhao of Boston for beating his Maltese into critical condition (the dog was humanely euthanized at AAMC) after it nipped his hand. Arraignment is 12/8.
- Officer Christine Allenberg applied for a show cause hearing against a Springfield man for causing severe traumatic injuries to his cat “Oreo”, who had to be euthanized as a result. The magistrate’s hearing is scheduled for 12/9.
- Officer Nadya Moreno filed charges against Maryellen Teague of Acton, for failing to provide adequate sustenance or shelter to her 4 horses. Arraignment is 12/12.
- Officer Chelsea Weiand filed charges against David Saccone of Whitman for failing to provide adequate sustenance for his Australian shepherd and failing to provide veterinary care as slow starvation caused multiple additional medical issues for the dog. Arraignment is scheduled for 12/23.
- Officer Chelsea Weiand filed charges against Venilda Batista of Fall River for failing to provide veterinary care for her Pomeranian that had been bitten in the leg by a rat. The bite became infected and caused the dog so much distress that it chewed off its entire lower leg. The dog was eventually humanely euthanized. Arraignment is 1/4/17.