Thinking about adding a guinea pig to your family? Come find the perfect fit for your family at our Fee-Waived Adoptathon for Guinea Pigs! Thanks to generous donors, we’ll be waiving the adoption fees for guinea pigs from Thursday May 11 through Sunday May 14. We’re certain to have a great match for your family!
Guinea pigs available at the MSPCA at Nevins Farm, Northeast Animal Shelter, and the Boston Adoption Center will be available during the open adoption hours listed on the website; advance registration for the event is recommended but not required. The Cape Adoption Center is currently operating on an appointment basis only due to staffing limitations; advance registration is required.
Review our How to Adopt page so you know what to expect.
- Bring a photo of the cage you plan to keep your adopted guinea pig in. Some commercial cages are not ideal for small animals and we want to make sure you have the optimal set up for your new animal’s health and behavioral needs. If you looking to purchase housing, visit our web page for recommendations on the best housing for small animals. We ask that you have a housing unit purchased before coming in to the event
- We routinely plan for same-day adoptions, so be prepared for your new guinea pig friend to leave with you on the same day as your visit.
- Need supplies such as food, toys, carriers, etc? We carry most of the essentials right here in our adoption center.
- There is no cost to RSVP for the event. Your RSVP secures you a spot on your selected day, however we cannot guarantee that your preferred animal will be available. We will do our best to help you find the right match!
- Please be prepared for a wait! There may be a wait period at various points during your visit. Expect to spend from 1-2 hours during your visit.
RSVPs encouraged but not required!
RSVP to MSPCA Boston Adoption Center
RSVP to MSPCA Cape Adoption Center
RSVP to MSPCA at Nevins Farm
RSVP to MSPCA at Northeast Animal Shelter
Is a small animal right for your family?
While “pocket pets” may seem like easier pet choices (or better “starter” pets), they require just as much care as any other animal — and often more given daily cage cleaning, scheduled exercise, and time for socialization. Check out our Pet Resources information for tips and things to consider as you prepare for your new addition!
Do you have questions about fee-waived adoptions?
Read our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page for answers to the most common questions.
Not ready to adopt but want to help?
Consider making a gift to our Pay It Forward Adoption Fund to help us find more homes for animals!