3/11/20 UPDATE – EVENT POSTPONED
As you may know, the Commonwealth has taken a number of actions to help mitigate the spread of COVID-19. All sponsored events at the State House–including Lobby Day for Animals–have been cancelled. Ideally, we hope to reschedule this important event before the end of the legislative session. However, that will of course remain dependent upon the ongoing developments related to COVID-19, the potential for large events to impact public safety, as well as the ability of the State House to accommodate the number of events that will need to be rescheduled.
However, you can still take action for animals!
Please contact your state senator about several priority animal protection bills referred to Senate committees.
- Stop convicted animal abusers from possessing or accessing animals (S. 1037)
- Prohibit circuses and traveling shows from exhibiting certain wild animals (S. 2028)
- Extend citation authority for keeping animals in cruel conditions, and provides common-sense consumer protections to families purchasing puppies and kittens.. (S. 2760)
Please contact your state representative about several priority animal protection bills referred to House committees.
- Prohibit circuses and traveling shows from exhibiting certain wild animals (H. 2934)
- Prevent convicted wildlife poachers from hunting in Massachusetts (H. 4131)
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.