We’re wishing for the luck of the Irish!
The MSPCA is launching a “Lucky Dogs Adoptathon” to help some of our longest-term and harder-to-place canine residents find their new homes. Beginning March 17th through March 31st, the adoption fees for these dogs are reduced to $100, thanks to the generosity of donors who have subsidized the adoption fees.
What is a harder-to-place dog? There are a variety of reasons why dogs have a harder time finding a family, including older dogs, dogs with specific medical needs, shy dogs, dogs that prefer to be the only dog in the home, high energy dogs that need and active home. They are all just waiting for the luck of the Irish (and you!) to help them find their best match.
View our adoptable dogs at www.mspca.org/adoptadog and www.neas.org/adopt. Look for the star on profiles of dogs who are eligible for the reduced adoption fee!
Dogs available at the MSPCA at Nevins Farm and the Boston Adoption Center will be available during the open adoption hours listed on the website. At Northeast Animal Shelter, you may visit during open hours, or schedule an appointment. The Cape Adoption Center is currently operating on an appointment basis only due to staffing limitations.
How to meet a dog:
- Review our How to Adopt page so you know what to expect.
- View our Adoption Search page to see some of the dogs who will be available for reduced-fee adoptions.
- Visit the adoption centers during open hours at our Boston, Methuen, and Northeast Animal Shelter locations. For our Cape location, submit an inquiry via the blue Inquire button.
- Dog adoptions sometimes happen the day you come in and sometimes require several visits to ensure a good match. Please be ready to adopt when you make an appointment or ready to come back for a second visit if necessary.
- Need supplies such as food, toys, crates, etc? We carry most of the essentials right here in our adoption center.
Not ready to adopt a dog, but still want to help?
Help sponsor an adoption fee by making a gift to our Pay It Forward Adoption Fund.
Support the Pay It Forward Adoption Fund