Dear MSPCA Children’s Summer Camp Families –
We love running camp for you and your family. The MSPCA Children’s Summer Camp staff pour their hearts into preparing all year in anticipation of seeing our campers and helping to build their connection to animals and the environment. So it is truly heartbreaking to inform you that we will be unable to operate camp as originally planned this summer. As a parent myself, this is especially difficult news to share, as I think of what parents are already supporting this spring. We know you are going to need a break this summer, and that kids will be yearning for in-person connection, fun, and learning. The health and well-being of our staff, campers, and their families is our number one priority and concern. Health officials have indicated that large groups continue to be unable to safely gather, and that this may carry over for much of the summer. Governor Baker’s decision to extend his order closing all non-emergency childcare programs until June 29th effects our ability to hire and train our summer camp staff in a timely manner. We held out hope as long as possible, but we now have to acknowledge that this is where summer is headed.
We greatly appreciate your continued support of the MSPCA at Nevins Farm, and we are looking forward to our 2021 camp season being our best ever!
The MSPCA at Nevins Farm Children’s Summer Camp teaches lifetime lessons of compassion, responsibility and respect not only toward animals, but toward all life and the environment as a whole. Please email us firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to our Wait List for any of our sold out sessions. If your child is close in age to another session that has not yet sold out, we may be able to allow them to register for that session – please contact us first to see if this is an option for your child.
Our day camp is hosted for eight weeks during the summer, offered in one week sessions. All campers work alongside the barn and adoption center staff, participating in the care of our animals; activities include mucking horse stalls, cleaning rabbit cages, feeding cats, walking dogs and socializing (petting and playing with!) the many creatures at the MSPCA at Nevins Farm. In addition to the experience providing care to a variety of animals on site, campers also learn about important animal welfare topics in daily discussions, and meet a variety of animal care professionals who participate as guest speakers. And just like any fun summer camp experience, our campers make crafts, sing songs, and play games!
- There is a $360 registration fee for each one week session, and partial scholarships are available to families in need
- Registration is based on a first-come, first-served basis. We recommend registering early, as our camp is popular and will sell out
- The summer camp runs from 9am-3pm Monday – Friday, from late June to mid-August
- Our camp is for children between the ages of 5-14 (see the schedule for what weeks are available for your age group)
- You will need a digital copy of your child’s immunization records in order to complete our online registration form
- The MSPCA Children’s Summer Camp is licensed in accordance with Massachusetts mandated regulations 105 CMR 430.000 et. seq.: Minimum Sanitation and Safety Standards for Recreational Camps for Children
Contact Us 2020 Schedule