Donate to Angell at Essex
Angell Animal Medical Center has partnered with Essex North Shore Agricultural and Technical School (Essex Tech) in Danvers, Massachusetts to create Angell at Essex, a not-for-profit veterinary clinic dedicated to providing quality veterinary care to the general public, including deeply discounted services for qualified low-income families. The new clinic opened its doors in December 2019.
Additionally, Angell at Essex serves as a rigorous academic training program for students enrolled in the Veterinary Science program at Essex Tech. The Veterinary Science program provides clinical training available through the on-site veterinary clinic overseen by Angell clinicians.
Angell at Essex Services
- Primary veterinary care, including general dentistry and other basic surgeries
- Spay/neuter services
To Financially Qualify for Discounted Services
Angell at Essex welcomes all pet owners and reserves a portion of appointment times for discounted services. For those interested in discounted services at Angell at Essex, clients must financially qualify by presenting a photo ID and one of the following:
- Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) Program card
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) card (formerly known as Food Stamps/EBT)
- Massachusetts Animal Fund low cost spay/neuter certificate
- Letter/lease from the owner’s local housing authority showing that the owner is a participant in public housing
- Letter/bill demonstrating government fuel assistance
- Most recent tax return (Form 1040) showing total income at or less than 200% of the federal poverty level, adjusted for household size
In addition, regardless of financial need:
- Essex North Shore Agricultural and Technical School employees receive a 20% discount on services
- Active duty military personnel and veterans receive a 15% discount on services
The person whose name is on the card or documents must be present (i.e., they can’t send a relative or friend). The only exception is a spouse with the same last name and address.
To request low income medical services at Angell at Essex, click here.
The clinic is open weekdays from 7:45am-4:00pm throughout the year. The clinic does not provide overnight care, specialty service care, nor 24/7 emergency service as Angell’s Boston and Waltham facilities do, but will refer cases as appropriate to surrounding specialty veterinary referral hospitals.
To book an appointment, please call 978-304-4648.
MSPCA-Angell Animal Medical Center
The mission of the MSPCA-Angell is to protect animals, relieve their suffering, advance their health and welfare, prevent cruelty, and work for a just and compassionate society.
Each year, more than 50,000 animals receive outstanding routine and specialty care at Angell Animal Medical Center located in Boston and Waltham. Our partnerships with Nashoba Valley Technical High School (Angell at Nashoba) and with Essex Tech (Angell at Essex) help us further serve our mission by providing care to animals in need.