The Ophthalmology Specialty Service at Angell offers early morning/evening and Saturday appointments for your convenience. Drs. Biros, Coster, and Abrams are board certified in ophthalmology and able to provide extensive diagnosis and treatment of inherited, acquired or traumatic conditions involving the eyelids, cornea, iris, lens, retina, optic nerve and orbit.
Examinations are provided on a wide variety of species using direct and indirect ophthalmoscopy, slit-lamp biomicroscopy, Schirmer tear testing, topical fluorescein staining, tonometry, gonioscopy, ocular ultrasonography, CT, MRI, and electroretinography (to detect retinal degeneration).
Surgical correction of most ocular disorders is available, including but not limited to:
- Cataract surgery with lens implantation, and removal of luxated lenses
- Eyelid disorders such as tumor removal, entropion, laceration, and cherry eye repair,
- Cryosurgery for distichia or other hair growth abnormalities,
- Corneo-conjunctival surgery for corneal ulcers, feline sequestrum, lacerations, dermoids, and foreign bodies,
- Laser cyclophotocoagulation therapy for glaucoma and prophylactic retinopexy for cases at risk of retinal detachment,
- Ocular prosthetics, or gentamycin injections for glaucoma,
- And enucleation for tumors of the eye
What is a Veterinary Ophthalmologist?
Visit Dr. Coster’s Facebook page for more Ophthalmology information and tips.