The health and well-being of your pet is a priority for you. For this reason, the General Medicine team at the MSPCA-Angell West strives to provide your loved one with the best primary medical care possible.
Our General Medicine team takes care of your pets’ wellness healthcare needs, including routine checkups, vaccinations, preventative medicine, weight management, and overall primary care. The team is supported by Angell’s staff of specialists and access to state-of-the-art veterinary technology. We also offer General Medicine services at our Boston location.
- Offers primary care for all life stages
- Performs general dentistry services
- Coordinates and advises with Angell’s specialty services
- Provides preventative health care such as:
o Geriatric medicine services
o Dermatology services
o Management for patients with chronic disease, such as kidney failure or diabetes
o Spaying and Neutering
o Vaccination protocols specific to your pet’s lifestyle
- Access to in-house radiology services for efficient diagnosis, including ultrasonography and computed tomography (CT)
- Provides pets with the most advanced and updated preventative and therapeutic care possible
In addition to treating General Medicine patients, Dr. Julie Shields serves our Urgent Care patients as well. Angell’s Urgent Care service bridges the gap between primary and emergency care. Drs. Shields and Pakravan treat animals with conditions that require timely treatment, but are not in need of our Emergency/Critical Care service. Urgent Care is an appointment-based service, not a walk-in service, with appointments often available within 24 hours Monday to Friday, 8 am to 6 pm. For more information, visit angell.org/urgent.