The Internal Medicine Service at Angell Animal Medical Center offers specialized care and outpatient services for cats and dogs.
Angell’s Internal Medicine group has decades of clinical experience and offers state-of-the-art diagnostics and therapeutic treatment options. The service provides expertise in many medical disciplines including; endocrinology, nephrology, hepatology, gastroenterology, immune disorders, hematology, and infectious diseases.
What is a Veterinary Internal Medicine Specialist?
Questions about Lyme disease in dogs? Find answers here.
For veterinarians interested in Approved Residency Training Programs in Small Animal Internal Medicine, please click here.
Special Savings: Save up to $12 on flea and tick preventatives and enjoy free shipping. Learn more
Appointments with Angell’s Internal Medicine service are available in our Boston and Waltham locations as of February 3, 2014. Some of the following services are limited to our Boston location. Please call 617-541-5186 for more details.
- Doctors are accessible for case consultation and updates on hospitalized cases
- 24-hour continuous monitoring for hospitalized patients
- Tracheal and urethral stenting
- Complete capabilities for endoscopic diagnosis of gastrointestinal, respiratory, and urogenital disease
- Advanced diagnostic imaging including on site CT and MRI
- Feeding tube placement in compromised patients (PEG, esophagostomy, NE tube)
- Total parenteral nutrition
- I-131 treatment for hyperthyroid cats (generally released 3 days post treatment)
- Outpatient abdominal ultrasounds are available through the Internal Medicine service at Angell West and the Diagnostic Imaging service in Boston. Click here for more information
- An integrated approach to medicine with full support of critical care, cardiology, ophthalmology, neurology, oncology, radiology, and surgery departments
- Diagnostic laparoscopy allows Angell veterinarians to evaluate abdominal organs by direct visualization and obtain biopsy samples that can be directed to very precise locations