All program dates 2014 (April-June) have been posted.
Our traditional volunteer program requires that our helpers be at least 16 years old to work with animals. But many young teens want to experience what it's really like to roll up their sleeves and get a little dirty cleaning cages and mucking stalls! This new program will offer just that opportunity, by providing experienced volunteers and staff to coach and supervise participants, ensuring a fun and safe volunteer session.
Activities will include a combination of animal care chores as well as support chores. Depending on the session, these may include cleaning cat cages, sorting donations, walking dogs, washing dishes, folding laundry, giving veggies to our small animals, or washing floors - whatever is most needed!
The program takes place on the first and third Thursday of each month, from 3:30-5:30pm. Participants must register for each session individually, but may sign up for as many as they like. The $15 per-session fee helps support our many animal care and adoption programs. Because the MSPCA relies entirely on donations, your contribution is important to us!
- All registered participants will be contacted via email, the week of their registered session, with additional program details, including safety tips and a volunteer waiver
- Those who register after 2/1/13 will receive this information via a link in their automatic email response (please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you don't get this email confirmation after registering!)
- The program fee totals $15 per session (2 hours), which helps support our many animal care and adoption programs!
- This donation is due at the time of registration and is non-refundable and non-transferable
- JV's may sign up for as many sessions as they like!
2014 session dates:
The Junior Volunteer program is held the first and third Thursday of each month, from 3:30-5:30pm. Dates are posted for registration three months at a time. If you are trying to register for a date and it does not display as an option to choose, that means the date has either sold out, or is not yet available for purchase. If there are no Junior Volunteer dates open, please check out our School Break Program, and our Children's Summer Camp, as both of these program offer hands on animal experience for children of this age (there is an opportunity for children who are 15 and older to volunteer for the Summer Camp as a Junior Counselor as well).
DATES FOR JULY THROUGH SEPTEMBER WILL BE POSTED AT THE END OF MAY
DATES FOR OCTOBER THROUGH DECEMBER WILL BE POSTED AT THE END OF AUGUST