Both locations are CLOSED on Thanksgiving and Christmas
Please take note – clients who arrive outside of these hours to pick up will not be able to refill or pick up their pet’s order, as there will not be staff available to provide this service.
DERMATOLOGY CLIENTS: For Angell Boston immunotherapy refills, please click here.
Important Information Regarding Refill Requests
For Refill Requests for Prescriptions that ARE NOT expired and HAVE Available Refills:
Our pharmacy carries both human and veterinary products. In addition to these prescription and over the counter products, we compound a large portion of the medications we dispense, including oral suspensions, capsules, medicated treats and transdermal gels. Because these products are made especially for your pet, it may take up to 48 hours after you place your request to have these orders ready. For all other prescription refill requests, it may take up to 24 hours to process and complete your order.
Due to the large volume of requests we handle, we do not provide callbacks or confirmations for refill requests, but we encourage you to call us anytime to check on the status of your request prior to arriving for pick up.
For Refill Requests for Prescriptions that ARE expired or DO NOT HAVE Available Refills:
Anytime a client requests a refill for a prescription that has expired or has no available refills, Angell’s pharmacy is required to contact the prescribing veterinarian before dispensing a refill. That refill cannot be processed until the prescribing veterinarian has reviewed and authorized that request. Given the volume of prescription refill requests and changes in the scheduling and availability of clinical staff (veterinarians and veterinary technicians), we have created the following guidelines for clients that outline our expectations regarding refill request approvals
*Please read these guidelines in their entirety. These will establish when you can expect to obtain refill request approvals for your pet’s medication.*
- It is the client’s responsibility to notify the Angell Pharmacy in a timely manner when refills are needed. Approval of your refill may take up to four (4) business days, so do not wait to contact us. Business days do not include weekends or holidays.
- Refill request approvals should not be expected on Saturdays, Sundays or Holidays.
- Refill requests will only be addressed and approved by your pet’s doctor on days they work. Refill requests will not be sent to cover doctors on your veterinarian’s days off.
- Prescriptions require close monitoring by your pet’s doctor to ensure medication safety and effectiveness. Your veterinarian should prescribe an appropriate number of refills to last until your pet’s next scheduled check-in or appointment. Please plan to discuss refills of your pet’s medications at the start of each of their visits.
- Refills will only be authorized on medications prescribed by veterinarians at Angell. We cannot fill or refill medications prescribed by outside veterinarians or practices.
- It is important to keep your pet’s scheduled appointments to ensure that you receive timely refill approvals. Repeated no shows or cancellations may result in denial of refill requests.
- Requests for refills from outside practices (such as CVS, Wedgewood, Chewy, etc.) will not be reviewed or approved on Saturdays, Sundays or Holidays. Approval of these requests may take up to five (5) business days, so please plan ahead.
- Please understand that waiting until you’re out of medication before requesting a refill does not constitute an “emergency” and requests will not be sent to cover doctors for refill requests of this nature.
To make a payment for an already placed pharmacy order, please click here:
Pay for Pharmacy Services
ABOUT ANGELL’S PHARMACIES
We care about your pet!
The pharmacy at Angell carefully fills medication orders for hundreds of patients a day. We treat each pet like they were our own, and take the time to provide additional services such as medication flavoring to make the administration process as positive as possible for you and your furry family member! Did you know that pharmacists in outside settings receive no formal education or training in providing pharmaceutical care for species other than humans? Our expert staff has experience and knowledge in the right area – veterinary pharmacy – to provide the best possible care for your pet.
Here for an appointment or procedure and need your pet’s medication now? Don’t wait in line at your local pharmacy and don’t delay treatment by ordering online – fill your pet’s medication order at Angell before you leave the hospital! Our full-service pharmacy can fill medication orders for pets discharged from our hospital as well as those being seen for appointments.
Have you heard?
You may be eligible for Free Shipping & Rebates on Heartworm Preventative and Flea/Tick Products.
Unlike other online pharmacies, we offer free shipping AND valuable rebates on certain heartworm and flea/tick preventative products when you buy 6 months or more. Protect your pet from heartworm infection and flea and tick infestation year-round! Click here for more information, Rebate Information
By ordering your pet’s preventatives directly through Angell, you can be confident in knowing you are receiving safe and effective FDA-approved products and excellent service from staff that is an integrated part of your pet’s care team. To place your order, click on the appropriate refill link above.