Dr. Simone-Freilicher, Dr. Noonan, and Dr. Sullivan are board-certified avian specialists who trained to offer wellness and emergency and critical care for avian and exotic pets. This team works in both our Boston and Waltham locations.
Optimal wellness and emergency/critical care for avian, small mammal, reptile, fish, or other exotic pets requires experienced veterinary management, specialized diagnostic and treatment protocols, and equipment and facilities designed for these special species.
The team has completed special training in exotic medicine, including rabbit and rodent dentistry, medical and surgical treatment of ferret diseases, and reptile medicine and surgery. Our doctors are available by appointment for primary care of avian and exotic cases. Our specialists are also happy to consult with your primary care veterinarian for cases that may be referred to Angell’s Avian and Exotic Medicine Service.
Elisabeth Simone-Freilicher, DVM, DABVP (Avian Medicine) and Brendan Noonan, DVM, DABVP (Avian Medicine) treat our avian and exotic patients in Boston. Dr. Noonan also serves these unique patients at our Waltham location alongside Patrick Sullivan, DVM, DABVP (Avian Medicine).
Click here to meet the Angell West Avian & Exotics Team or click below to meet the Angell Avian & Exotics team in Boston.
- Emergency and critical care for avian and exotic pets available 24 hours, 7 days a week
- Wellness appointments available Monday-Friday
- Avian and Exotic Pet Medicine Service: staff clinician, 3 dedicated technicians for 5-day-a-week coverage
- Board-certified veterinarian with years of experience treating numerous exotic species, including birds, rabbits, ferrets, guinea pigs, rodents, special small mammals (such as chinchillas or hedgehogs), reptiles, fish, and amphibians
- Specifically-designed general and isolation wards for care of avian and exotic patients including avian incubators and specialty reptile hospital caging
- Specialists in surgery, radiology and internal medicine assist in providing in-depth case management for special species
- Services include endoscopy, radiology, ultrasonography, bloodwork testing, avian and exotic animal surgery and advanced diagnostics including infectious disease testing
Freshwater fish are often highly social and engaging pets. Veterinary care is available to assist pet fish owners in keeping their individual fish or aquarium collections healthy. Services Offered:
- Water quality evaluation and recommendations
- Physical examination
- Fin and gill biopsies
- Fecal examinations
- Anesthesia and Surgery
- Humane euthanasia