At Nevins Farm
Many children want to experience what it’s really like to roll up their sleeves and get a little dirty cleaning cages and mucking stalls! That’s why we offer the MSPCA at Nevins Farm’s Family Service Day program, where adult-child pairs are able to participate as hands-on volunteers at the MSPCA. Suited for children ages 5-10, each group participates in three activities: an animal care chore, support chores, and an educational presentation that includes a fun activity and animal meet and greet. Animal care chores include cleaning cat cages, cleaning small animal cages, walking dogs, or mucking horse stalls. The Family Service Day program provides a fun and educational opportunity for families to make a meaningful contribution to the MSPCA’s animal care efforts. All chores are fully supervised by trained staff and volunteers to make sure that everyone has a fun and safe experience.
- Participants are accepted on a first-come basis
- Each pair is defined as a child and a parent/guardian (age 16 or older). For families with more than one child who wants to participate, each additional pair should be registered.
- The program registration fee is $20 per pair (non-refundable), and the proceeds help support our many animal care and community outreach programs! We provide a light snack and beverage for the kids during our break, you may wish to bring your own snack if your child has special dietary needs.
- If your family is attending with another family and wish to be grouped together, please let us know in advance.
- We are occasionally asked if children older than or younger than the recommended age of 5-10 years can participate. We recommend that those children participate in the programs we have that are designed for their age, such as Preschool Pet Pals or Junior Volunteer, however, we have made exceptions in the past when children are otherwise unable to attend those programs. Please contact the Humane Education Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to registration so we can discuss your child’s situation prior to registration.
2020 Session Dates
Monday, January 20th (Martin Luther King Day) SOLD OUT
Monday, February 17th (Presidents Day) SOLD OUT
Monday, April 20th (Patriots Day) CANCELLED – COVID 19
Monday, May 25th (Memorial Day) CANCELLED – COVID 19
Monday September 7th (Labor Day)
Monday, October 12th (Columbus Day)
Wednesday, November 11th (Veterans Day)
Monday, December 21st (December vacation week)