Our traditional volunteer program requires that our helpers be at least 16 years old to work with animals. But many young teens want to experience what it’s really like to roll up their sleeves and get a little dirty cleaning cages and mucking stalls! This new program will offer just that opportunity, by providing experienced volunteers and staff to coach and supervise participants, ensuring a fun and safe volunteer session.
Activities will include a combination of animal care chores as well as support chores. Depending on the session, these may include cleaning cat cages, sorting donations, walking dogs, washing dishes, folding laundry, giving veggies to our small animals, washing floors, mucking stalls, feeding animals, picking paddocks, cleaning the coop – whatever is most needed!
The program takes place every Tuesday and Thursday in the small animal shelter, from 3-5pm, and on select Saturdays in the barn from 9-11am. Please click the register button to see dates available for registration. Participants must register for each session individually, but may sign up for as many as they like.
- This program is for kids who are 11-15 years of age.
- All registered participants will be contacted via email, with additional program details, including safety tips and a volunteer waiver (please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you don’t get this email confirmation after registering!).
- The program fee totals $15 per session (2 hours), which helps support our many animal care and adoption programs!
- This donation is due at the time of registration and is non-refundable andnon-transferable
- Dates are posted two months at a time. If you are trying to register for a date and it does not display as an option to choose, that means the date has either sold out, or is not yet available for purchase.