Cat Caregiver volunteers assist in providing care to shelter cats, ensuring their living environment remains safe, clean, and as comfortable as possible. This role is a good match for individuals who thrive with varied tasks, can follow an array of directions, are self-directed, and who work equally well independently or as part of a team.
- Volunteers will clean, disinfect enclosures, and provide appropriate food, water, litter, toys, and bedding along with interacting and socializing with volunteer friendly cats
- Volunteers will help with other shelter tasks such as dishes, laundry, and sorting donations.
- Read regular emails and other communications regarding our animals.
- Experience caring for and interacting with cats
- Some knowledge of animal body language
- Willingness to clean areas soiled with feces and urine
- Ability to work independently and with others
- Ability to quickly make good judgments, for the safety of the individual, staff, other volunteers, and animals.
- Emotional ability to handle difficult situations involving animals
- Ability to perform physical labor for the duration of shift – such as use of stepladder and lifting/pulling up to 40 pounds.
- A commitment of at least six months
- A weekly 3 hour shift on a set day and time
- Attendance of a virtual orientation and on-the-job training shift
- Tuesday, Thursday, or Friday’s 8am-11am
- We are unable to accommodate requests for alterations to the schedule. Please ensure you will be available for the full duration of a shift before applying. Thank you!