In these uncertain times, many families in our communities are struggling to feed themselves and their pets. Our food pantry program supplies pet food to pantries and individuals who are facing food insecurity in our communities. We are looking to add volunteers to our team who are passionate about ensuring that everyone has the resources they need to care for their families. If you believe that no pet should go hungry and are enthusiastic about closing resource gaps in underserved communities, join our team to make a difference!
- Sort through shelter donations and organizing them in the Food Pantry as space allows
- Repackaging large (40+lbs) bags of dog food into zip lock bags for distribution.
- Review pantry deliveries for the week. Pack, label and track numbers for any pantry that will need to go out within 48hrs.
- Clean and organize storage area.
- Track all outgoing food on the tracking log.
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to remain organized and use your time effectively and efficiently
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs
- Have an interest and passion for directly addressing inequities in access to pet care resources
- Attendance at an orientation and on-the-job training
- Friday: Hours needed can be flexible, but minimum two hours per week between 8:30am-4:30pm
- Commitment of at least 6 months with a recurring weekly shift
- We are unable to accommodate requests for alterations to the schedule. Please ensure you will be available for the full duration of a shift before applying. Thank you!