MSPCA-Angell Headquarters

350 South Huntington Avenue, Boston, MA 02130
(617) 522-7400
Email Us

Angell Animal Medical Centers – Boston

350 South Huntington Avenue, Boston, MA 02130
(617) 522-7282
More Info

Angell West

293 Second Avenue, Waltham, MA 02451
(781) 902-8400
For on-site assistance (check-ins and pick-ups):
(339) 970-0790
More Info

Angell at Essex

565 Maple Street, Danvers, MA 01923
(978) 304-4648
More Info

Animal Care and Adoption Centers – Boston

350 South Huntington Avenue, Boston, MA 02130
(617) 522-5055
More Info

Animal Care and Adoption Centers – Cape Cod

1577 Falmouth Road, Centerville, MA 02632
(508) 775-0940
More Info

Animal Care and Adoption Centers – Nevins Farm

400 Broadway, Methuen, MA 01844
(978) 687-7453
More Info

Animal Care and Adoption Centers – Northeast Animal Shelter

347 Highland Ave., Salem, MA 01970
(978) 745-9888
More Info

Donate Now


More Ways to Donate

From an online gift to a charitable gift annuity, your contribution will have a significant impact in the lives of thousands of animals.

Professional Wildlife Services

Looking for professional help? The MSPCA’s Intruder Excluder can offer you advice and solutions that will help you solve your conflicts with wildlife in a humane, long-term, and cost-effective manner. Also please refer to our conflict prevention and help by species pages.

If, however, you choose to go to an outside company for help, the following information may be useful to you.

What is a Problem Animal Control Agent (PAC)?

In Massachusetts, Problem Animal Control agents (PACs) can be called when conflicts with wildlife are occurring. PACs are often individuals or private companies that charge a fee for their services and fall under the category of “pest control.”

The burden falls upon homeowners to make sure the person they are hiring will solve the wildlife conflict in a long-term and humane manner. Some PACs are highly professional; others are not.  It is important to keep in mind when hiring an outside party to assist you that it is illegal to relocate wildlife in Massachusetts, meaning that animals that are live-trapped on your property need to be released on your property, or they must be killed. If a PAC agent tells you the animal will be released in another location, they are either breaking the law or lying to you.

Also, it’s important to know that the removal of an animal, without proper exclusion and follow-up work, will just open up habitat for another animal to move into.  This means that your problem will occur again and again until the proper exclusion and follow-up work are addressed.

Choosing the Right Wildlife Removal Vendor

The following questions may help you to determine if a particular company is right for you:

  • Does the PAC agent listen to the description of the problem and ask relevant questions without first launching into a discussion of fees and responsibilities?
  • Does the person appear to care about their work, the animals involved, and the concern of the homeowner? Are they willing to come to the scene, examine the problem, and give an estimate in writing?
  • Do they appear to be professional in approach and willingness to discuss the problem and in their manner of giving advice?
  • Does the person appear knowledgeable and take the time to explain not only what the source of the problem is but also its causes and potential solutions?
  • Are they licensed by the state and bonded against any incidental damage that might be caused?
  • Do they try to scare the homeowner with talk about wildlife disease or dangerous animals?
  • Are the procedures to be used simply and concisely explained, with clear indication as to whether anything could harm the animal?
  • Do they have more than one recommendation to resolve the problem, especially recommendations that involve non-lethal solutions?
  • Does the recommendation include fixing the problem so that it does not recur? (This includes a discussion of needed structural repairs or changes such as chimney caps, alteration of human habits, or exclusion to prevent animals from getting into areas where they are not wanted.)
  • Is the work guaranteed for at least a year?
  • Do they offer a written contract that protects both parties and stipulates that non-lethal methods will be used before any lethal methods are considered, and that the homeowner will be advised and consulted if lethal control is necessary?
  • What type of lethal method do they use if non-lethal methods fail?

*Please Note*

We have not worked with most of the vendors below, personally or professionally.  Given their answers to a 2018 survey, we believe they are a good place to start when in search of professional help. Don’t forget to ask the above suggested questions to ensure that you are finding the most humane solution available.

In addition to the following recommendations, see more humane exclusion resources.

Local Humane Vendors

Serving All of MA

Martin Pest Control

475 Smith Street
North Attleborough, MA

Phone: 774-210-9789



Call of the Wild Animal Control

Office located in Southbridge MA.

Phone: (508) 344-3237

Email: Message through Facebook:


Cape Cod and South Shore

Perry Le Pews Wildlife Management Company

750 Wakeby Rd, Marstons Mills, MA 02648

Phone: 508-477-4316



Critter Control Cape Cod

1241 MA-28, South Yarmouth, MA 02664

Phone: (508) 760-0404



Serving South of Boston

Thompson Wildlife Services

Sharon, MA

Phone: 508-840-8490



Panther – Problem Animal and Pest Control

Rockland Area

Phone: 857-526-2617


Serving Eastern MA

Mass Bay Wildlife Mgmt. Inc.

Foxborough, MA

Phone: 508-345-1230

Email: Info@Massbaywildlife.Com


Beaver Issue?

Beaver Solutions

14 Mountain Road,
Southampton, MA 01073

Phone: (413) 527-6472


Join the Animal Action Team to stay up to date on animal issues across the Commonwealth.

Advocacy Puppy