Animal Advocacy Starts with You
Want to gain leadership skills and fight for animals with your friends? Create an animal advocacy club!
Many students are passionate about animal welfare but are unsure how to help and where to start. Creating a club in your school is a great way to join forces with others with a similar passion for helping animals.
Before you begin your advocacy journey, here are some tips to jump-start your own club:
- Find a few students who love animals and see if they want to be a part of the founding group
- Meet with your school counselor and ask how to become an officially recognized club
- Ask a teacher to be your faculty advisor
- Set up a time and place where you will hold your first meeting
- Spread the word by talking with peers before or after class, hang up fliers and post on social media to let other students know
Once you hold your first meeting, create a club name and discuss animal issues that you would like to work on with your peers. Some student groups focus on one issue at a time while others work on multiple at once. Each club is unique, so do what is best for your school!
Here are some examples of issues to work on:
There are many ways your club can advocate for animals at your school and within your community, whether it is by posting on social media or hosting an event. Every little action counts!
Have questions? Contact email@example.com.