For horse owners who may be going through a temporary period of financial insecurity or a family crisis, the MSPCA’s Emergency Equine Relief Fund acts as a safety net. The program takes a proactive approach to equine welfare, working to keep horses and people together.
The MSPCA Emergency Equine Relief Fund serves as a resource for those who need short term help feeding or caring for their horses. The fund can also assist owners who are facing end of life care for their horses and need assistance with humane euthanasia.
The fund also provides support for horses and farm animals currently being cared for by Nevins Farm. Some may need routine vaccines, surgery or shoeing, while others may be suffering from serious injury or disease, or in need of lengthy rehabilitation to restore their health, dignity and grace.
Available for qualifying horse owners:
Hay & Feed support
Veterinary and Farrier Care: routine veterinary care for vaccinations, basic dentistry, routine farrier work, or end of life care.
Before you apply:
- Qualifying horse owners must be prepared to demonstrate financial need.
- Aid will be awarded on a case by case basis and will focus on animal owners with a track record of responsible care.
- Owners of companion farm animals are also considered for support.
- Equine businesses are not eligible for assistance; aid is awarded for individual horse owners.
- Payments for services will be made directly to the vendor.
Questions? Please contact us at email@example.com, or via telephone at (978) 687-7453 x6101.
More Resources for Equine Assistance
Maine State Society for the Protection of Animals
Feed and Care Bank for Maine Residents
New Hampshire SPCA
Emergency Program for Horse Owners
Rhode Island SPCA
Large Animal Assistance Program
United Horse Coalition
Resources for Covid-19
Fleet of Angels
Hay, transportation, disaster response
Equine Assistance Program
Short term hay, feed, boarding and veterinary support
Short term hay, feed, support