Due to our Education Coordinator being on an extended leave of absence, this program is currently suspended until March of 2023. Please check back with us at that time.
At Nevins Farm
The staff and volunteers at Nevins Farm are happy to visit your classroom or attend a career fair to discuss a variety of important topics, including the mission of the MSPCA and ways in which each of us can make the world a better, safer place for animals. Off-site visits are available during weekdays, from September through May, between the hours of 10am-2pm. We are always happy to bring an animal with us on our visit. Please book early to schedule an educational event!
- Events are scheduled on a first-come, first serve basis
- Because the MSPCA receives no state or federal funding for our programs, we request a monetary donation or a donation drive using our Wish List for our off-site educational visits.
- Topics are tailored to the age group of the audience
- Popular presentation topics include: learn how to be gentle and safe with animals (lower elementary), animal care, in which kids learn about pet animals’ physical and emotional needs (upper elementary), positive dog training and cruelty-free consumerism (middle school), presentations on careers in animal protection, the power of volunteerism (high school), and how to help animals in your community and at the MSPCA (all ages)
- Our visits can be for large groups (in an auditorium or gymnasium), or in smaller classroom settings.
- Due to the fact that we operate our own summer camp from June-August, we regretfully cannot accommodate offsite visits during our summer months at our Methuen location.
Please email us at email@example.com for more information or to schedule a presentation.