The MSPCA is seeking qualified, dedicated volunteers to aid us with Community Outreach program animal and food donation transport. Using their own vehicles, volunteers will transport animals and food donations to and from multiple locations. By volunteering with our Community Outreach program, volunteers will directly impact pets and the families who love them!
Volunteers will safely transport crated animals and/or supplies between locations. Transports will most often be within Essex and Middlesex counties. Drivers may travel to and participate in Community Outreach events such as vaccine clinics and food drives, and also assist with donation sorting and organizing at the MSPCA at Nevins Farm.
- Age 18+
- Ability to lift and/or pull up to 50 pounds repeatedly. Food deliveries include large bags of dog food or cat litter.
- Comfort handling crated animals.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Reliability and punctuality are key for this role!
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Flexible daytime schedule; some transport needs have little advance notice. (24-48 hours is normal.)
- Vehicle large enough to hold a few animal crates of various sizes. An SUV, hatchback, or van is suggested. Please note, animals cannot be transported in the open bed of a pickup truck.
- To see and reply to announcements of transport needs, volunteers will need to join a private Facebook group.
- Attendance at virtual orientation.
- On-the-job training with Community Outreach staff.
- Frequency may vary. 1-2 trips per week should be expected. Transport requests are made in our Facebook group, and volunteers can sign up for those convenient for them.
- Evening hours are not available.
- Minimum of 4 months. Longer commitments encouraged!
Click here to apply