This is an opportunity for people who are excited to engage with the public in the name of helping animals. Shelter Concierge volunteers should have an attention to detail, strong customer service skills, be adaptable to the changing needs of the adoption center, and be excited to be a representative of the MSPCA and our programs.
- Answering live phone calls and checking voicemails
- Writing down messages for staff
- Responding to adoption center email inquiries
- Collaborating with staff members to represent our programs and provide information to clients on a variety of topics
- Good customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly legible handwriting
- Good computer skills
- Proficiency with using email and the internet on a desktop computer
- Empathetic, non-judgmental approach
- Ability to work well both independently and with others. This role requires a high degree of independence.
- Being bilingual in English and Spanish is a plus!
- Experience answering phones in a professional setting is a plus!
- Attendance of a video orientation with Volunteer Coordinator
- Mentor training with staff or a volunteer at the adoption center.
- A weekly 3-4 hour shift on a set day and time
- Current openings are Saturday 1pm-4pm, Sunday 10am-1pm, and Sunday 1pm-4pm. Please ensure one or more of these fits your availability for a weekly commitment before applying.
- Minimum of 4 consecutive months; longer commitments welcome!
Click here to apply