Inpatient volunteers work in our inpatient department cleaning, doing laundry, stocking, and assisting with assorted tasks for our ICU, ER, and SCU wards. Volunteers must first complete a minimum of least three months in our wellness role, to qualify for the inpatient role.
- Collect dirty laundry from all wards
- Wash and fold laundry and distribute to ICU, ER, and SCU
- Replenish ER blanket warmer
- Clean Inpatient kitchen
- Put away supplies in ICU and SCU
- Clean and stock family rooms
- Restock office supplies in all wards
- Various housekeeping tasks
- Organized and detail oriented
- Ability to follow direction and prioritize tasks
- Ability to work independently and with other volunteers
- Comfortable working around staff in busy hospital ward
- Emotional ability to handle seeing patients receiving treatments and comfortable around blood
- Ability to meet physical requirements of the role which requires repetitive movements such as bending, lifting, and reaching
- A minimum commitment of six months
- A weekly shift of two hours on a set day and time
- Attendance at orientation and on-site training
- Same shift times/days as wellness.
- We are unable to accommodate requests for alterations to the schedule. Please ensure you will be available for the full duration of a shift before applying. Thank you!