BOSTON and Centerville, Mass., June 15, 2015– The MSPCA-Angell today unveiled the agenda for its sold-out Furry Affair to be held at the Willowbend Country Club in Mashpee, Mass. on Friday, June 19 from 6:00p.m. to 9:00p.m.
The 14th annual Furry Affair, which is the MSPCA-Cape Cod’s signature fundraising event, will draw hundreds of animal loving philanthropists to Willowbend and is expected to raise over $220,000 to support the MSPCA’s Animal Care and Adoption Center on Cape Cod.
The 2015 Furry Affair is chaired by MSPCA-Angell Overseer Maggie DeSantis Ahearn and her husband Kevin, founder of Otis & Ahearn Real Estate, who reside in Osterville as well as Boston’s Back Bay.
The event will once again be emceed by former WCVB-TV news anchor Susan Wornick, who will also serve as auctioneer.
Food, Drinks and Fabulous Auction Items!
The evening consists of a silent and live auction, a sit-down dinner and the presentation of the prestigious Guardian Angel Award—which is given each year to a member of the Cape Cod community who exemplifies the MSPCA’s mission of kindness and care to animals. This year’s Award—which is presented Funds for Furry Friends—will be given to Patricia Woodward of Cotuit, Mass. Patricia was selected for her steadfast commitment and unwavering dedication to homeless animals.
The Furry Affair, which last year raised over $194,000 for the housing and care of homeless animals at the MSPCA’s Centerville adoption center, will draw a veritable “Who’s Who” of the Cape Cod social scene including noted bestselling author Casey Sherman; Bobby Orr, widely regarded as the greatest NHL player in hockey history; Antiques Roadshow television show regular Leigh Keno, founder and president of Keno Auctions and Keno Art Advisory and others.
Attendees will bid on fabulous prizes and packages, including:
- Premier VIP seating for 20 at a 2015/2016 Boston Bruins game with NHL legend Bobby Orr, including all food and beverages, autographed photos and signed copies of his bestselling book: Orr: My Story. The package is valued at $14,000.
- A Scottish seaside resort and golfing experience at The Village of Machrihanish Dunes nestled in the Southwest corner of the Mull of Kintyre in Scotland, which includes five nights’ accommodations for up to four people and unlimited access to the pristine links at the Machrihanish Dunes golf course. The package is valued at $7,500.
- A private tour, for the winning bidder and a guest, of the new Art of the Americas wing of the Museum of Fine Art in Boston, with art expert Leigh Keno of Keno Auctions and Keno Art Advisory. The package also includes a one-night stay at the Battery Wharf Hotel on Boston’s historic waterfront, with access to the private lounge and a $150 dinner certificate to Aragosta Bar + Bistro. The package is valued at $650.
- A sumptuous, customized dinner for eight prepared in the winner’s home by Pain D’Avignon’s in-house Executive Chef. Dinner will feature three superbly creative courses with emphasis on local ingredients and special wine pairings. The package is valued at $2,500.
- A private screening of “The Finest Hours” with Casey Sherman at the historic Orpheum Theater; followed by a tour of some of the locations where the film was shot. The culmination of the day’s events will be a culinary experience at Frank’s Cucina, a private Italian Supper Club, located in Harwich, Massachusetts. The package is valued at $1,900.
- A ride along with an MSPCA-Angell Law Enforcement officer for one winning bidder who will take the front seat in an MSPCA cruiser and witness first-hand the hard work and tremendous efforts put forth every day by the MSPCA’s Law Enforcement officers as they investigate animal cruelty complaints.
For the full list of silent and live auction packages readers can click on the Furry Affair Website.
The Furry Affair is sponsored by individuals and organizations universally recognized for their commitment to animal welfare, including Marjorie and John McGraw, Martha S. Mugar, Maggie and Kevin Ahearn, Lindsay Cook, the Dahan Family, Scott Chapman, Brian and Gail Quinn Douglas and Jeannine Schrock . Top corporate sponsors include Funds For Furry Friends, Otis & Ahearn Real Estate.